The AMIR Programme welcomes students from across the European Union and the world. AMIR is a world leading programme in the field of materials recycling, but we believe that education should be as accessible to all and we take pride in graduating the raw materials innovators of the future. To achieve this goal we have tried to keep our fees low and provide additional scholarship opportunities for students wishing to join the programme, including the Excellence Initiative (IdEx) of the University of Bordeaux.
Annual programme fees for the 2019-2021 edition are:
- 2000€/year for EU students
- 4000€/year for non-EU international students
Scholarships & Incentives
The AMIR Programme has several scholarship and incentive opportunities available. These are dependent on a student’s eligibility status and academic achievements on the programme.
EIT Label Scholarships
The AMIR Master has obtained the EIT label for 2019 and 2020 intakes and therefore offers EIT label scholarships to all students of 13,500€ for living costs for the duration of the programme, to be paid during semesters 2 and 3.
Additional ‘FIDEX’ scholarships are based on merit from the University of Bordeaux for the best students spending their 1st year at Bordeaux. These scholarships ‘top-up’ the EIT label scholarships to the amount of 750€/month/student during their 2nd year (+750€ travel bonus for non-EU international students).
Applications for FIDEX Scholarships - Who can apply?
Based on 1st year results, the best two or three students will be invited to apply for a FIDEX scholarship. The selection process will be based on the grades obtained during the 1st exam session, which is taken during the month of January. Selected students will be informed of their eligibility and will be invited to apply when the summer application window opens towards the end of the year.
- The number of scholarships provided is usually 2 or 3 and is based on the total number of students completing their 1st year at Bordeaux.
- These scholarships are usually awarded from October in the 2nd year and run for 9 consecutive months.
- The scholarships ‘top up’ the EIT label scholarship to bring the total amount received by students to 750€/month for 9 months during their 2nd year. Non-EU international students selected for these scholarships receive an additional payment of 750€ towards their travel costs.
- The FIDEX scholarships are provided by the Excellence Initiative of the University of Bordeaux.